The fortress of Talmont contains some of the finest French remains from the very beginning of the 11th century, including approximately two hundred and fifty linear meters of primitive enclosure!
In 2020, the Château de Talmont celebrated its millennium
Despite its partial dismantling in the first half of the 17th century, its walls still testify to the grandeur of this coastal fortress.
The castle is not only an exceptional architectural and heritage object, but also a historic place imbued with key figures in the history of France.
Talmont Castle is…
- Take a walk in its thousand-year-old moats which, in the past, were supplied with water by the ebb and flow of the tide.
- Evolve in the farmyard, where an abundant life found pleasure in developing there in medieval times.
- Visit the High Court, where elite buildings and defensive monuments once stood in the heart of the fortress.
- A very special opportunity to climb the tower.
- Take advantage of this moment to discover the castle on four floors with an exceptional panorama at its summit.
Immerse yourself in a thousand-year-old history through founding pieces of seigniorial power in medieval times.